- Serves customers by providing product and service information, along with processing transactions through a POS system.
- Greets customers including directing customers’ inquiries to appropriate party.
- Answers routine billing questions/issues from customers.
- Receives and processes all payments according to standard procedures.
- Assists in the opening and closing of the retail floor.
- Informs customers about services available and assesses customer needs.
- Completes, processes, and maintains applicable paperwork and records.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Helps maintain a safe and clean store environment.
- Helps maintain and organize/merchandise product.
- Duties as assigned.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail oriented and highly observant, ability to multitask, cash handling experience preferred, good customer service, good professional demeanor, problem solving skills, good listening ability, and able to resolve conflict.
- Must be able to work at least 3 days per week, including one weekend day.
Base Pay Starts at $11.00 per hour
Store Discount Starts at 20% and can go up based on years of service.
*Bonus will be paid in one lump sum the week of June 13th. Bonus will only be paid if the applicant remains employed and in good standing through the peak season (ending May 31st). This signing bonus is at the discretion of Deneweth's Garden Center and in who we interview and hire. We reserve the right to end this option (not the agreement) at any time and may only offer it to open positions we designate.