Assistant manager Job Purpose:
- Serves customers by training staff; purchasing and displaying products.
Assistant Manager Job Duties:
- Opens and Closes the Retail Floor.
- Trains store staff by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials; delivering training sessions; reviewing staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager; developing and implementing new product training.
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Purchases inventory by researching emerging products; anticipating buyer interest; negotiating volume price breaks; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers.
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery.
- Prepares sales and customer relations reports by analyzing and categorizing sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
- Maintains a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Hours range from 20 hours per week to 60 hours per week depending on season.
Experience in various departments in the Garden Center industry, High School Education, Management Proficiency, Customer Service, Presentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Basic Safety, Promotions, Understanding the Customer, Verbal Communication Skills, need to perform mechanical work with instruction.
Pay and Benefits
Base Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour
Vacation: Up to 2 Weeks
Holiday Pay: Up to 2 Weeks off during Christmas and New Year Break
Simple Ira: Match of employees elective deferrals on a dollar-for-dollar basis: Up to 3% of the employee’s compensation.
Profit Sharing: When applicable
Store Discount: Up to 50% off of products
All Pay and Benefits will be reviewed at the time of the employee evaluation and be based primarily on the performance of the employee.
Expected Work Hours
April through June hours will be approx. 60 hours per week.
July through March Hours per week will be approx. 20 -30 hours per week.
Paid time off for Vacations will not be available in April through May.